American singer, actor and rapper Ja Rule has an estimated net worth of $5 million. Jeffrey Atkins, known by his stage name Ja Rule, was born on February 29, 1976 in Queens, New York City, New York, USA.
Since his debut in the music industry in 1999, Ja Rule has released several hit singles, including “I’m Real (Murder Remix)”, “Between Me and You” and “Ain’t It Funny”, which charted the U.S. Top 20. Reached the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Throughout his recording career, Ja Rule has released six Top Ten albums and received four Grammy Award nominations. Two of his albums, Pain Is Love (2001) and Rule 3:36 (2000), reached #1 on the US Billboard 200. In addition to his successful albums, Ja Rule is known for his feuds with rappers and artists such as Eminem and 50 Cent.
- Source of Wealth: Film, TV, Music
- Age: 45
- Place of Birth: Queens, New York City, New York, USA
- Marital Status: Wife: Aisha Atkins (m. 2001)
- Full Name: Jeffrey Atkins
- Nationality: United States
- Date of Birth: February 29, 1976
- Ethnicity: African American
- Occupation: rapper
- Children: Britney Atkins, Jordan Atkins, Jeff Jr Atkins
- Ja Rule’s first solo appearance came on the song “Time to Build” by Mic Geronimo, which also featured Jay-Z and DMX. Rule signed to Def Jam in 1998 and was featured on the Jay Z single “Can I Get A…”. His debut album Venni Vetti Vecci was released in 1999 and eventually reached #1 on the Billboard 200 chart. His second and third albums were both certified 3x platinum and reached #1 on the Billboard 200 and Top R&B/Hip-Hop charts. His fourth album was released on November 19, 2002, debuted at number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spawned two hit singles. His fifth and sixth albums were released in 2003 and 2004 respectively. After a sixth studio album and a greatest hits album, Ja Rule broke his contract with Def Jam in 2005 and took a hiatus until February 2011, when he announced that he had started work on a new album Pain is Love 2. It was released a year later, and by that time he was already serving a two-year prison sentence for tax evasion and gun possession. It was released in May 2013.
After his release from prison, Ja Rule and Gotti started Murder Inc Records. He also published a memoir in 2014 titled Unruly: The Ups and Downs of the Incarnation. Shortly after, he announced his eighth studio album, but it was postponed indefinitely.
- Ja Rule Net Worth: Ja Rule is an American rapper, singer, and actor who has a net worth of $8 million. He had several songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, including “Between Me and You”, “I’m Real” and “Always on Time”.Personal Care: Ja Rule was born Jeffrey Bruce Atkins on February 29, 1976 in Queens, New York. He grew up in the Hollis neighborhood with Debra and William Atkins. Yes Rule’s grandparents were Jehovah’s Witnesses and because his parents worked a lot, he spent a lot of time with his grandparents and began to practice the religion as well. He left the religion at age 12 and began selling drugs in Hollis. Because of his small size, he got into many fights at school. Ja Rule did not graduate but earned his GED in 2012.
His career began in 1994 as a member of the Cash Money Click group. Shortly thereafter, he changed his stage name to “Ja Rule”. The group produced a number of songs independently, including their debut single “Get Tha Fortune” in 1994. They were signed to TVT Records but dropped by their label and after just a year due to the arrest and imprisonment of group member Chris Black resolved.
- Ja Rule appeared on The Hamilton Mixtape in December 2016, rapping Hamilton’s verse on Ashanit’s song Helpless. Ashanti confirmed in June 2018 that she and Ja Rule are working together on a new album.
Ja Rule’s biggest singles include “Holla Holla”, “Between Me and You”, “I’m Real (Murder Remix)”, “Ain’t It Funny”, “Always on Time”, “Mesmerize” and ” Wonderful.” He has worked with Jennifer Lopez, Christina Milian, Ashanti and R. Kelly. He is also an established actor and has appeared in the films The Fast and the Furious, Scary Movie 3 and co-starred in 2004’s The Cookout with Queen Latifah.
- a Rule is married to Aisha Murray. The couple have three children, Britney (born 1995), Jeffrey (born 2000) and Jordan (born 2005).
Fine Arts: Ja Rule has been nominated for four Grammys and has won three Source Awards, an MTV Video Music Award, a World Music Award, a BET Award, a GQ Men of the Year Award, a Teen Choice Award and an NAACP Image Award.
Personal Action: After beating a man in Toronto in 2003, Rule settled a lawsuit out of court. He was arrested in 2004 for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license. In 2007, he was arrested for gun and drug possession. He ended up serving nearly two years in federal prison on gun and tax evasion charges. He reportedly failed to pay taxes on $3 million in income generated between 2004 and 2006.
<Ja Rule was involved in feuds with 50 Cent and G-Unit Records, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Shady Records, Aftermath, Foxy Brown and Lil’ Mo involved. The most publicized feud was with 50 Cent in 1999, after she filmed a video shoot in Queens because 50 Cent allegedly didn’t like Ja Rule getting “so much love” from the Hollis community. The two confronted each other in Atlanta, and Ja Rule claims he hit 50 Cent with a baseball bat. Another confrontation occurred in New York City, where rapper Black Child, one of Ja Rule’s artists at Murder Inc., stabbed 50 Cent and caused him to have stitches. In May 2011, it was confirmed by both rappers that they had ended their feud.
<Ja Rule co-organized a music event called the “Fyre Festival” that was scheduled to take place on a private island in the Bahamas in late April 2017. The event turned out to be a huge catastrophe. Attendees, some paying thousands of dollars for their tickets, were left stranded in a trash-strewn gravel lot with little food and only FEMA disaster tents for shelter. Most of the scheduled musical performances, after finding out about the conditions of the festival, had already been canceled by the time visitors arrived on the island. On May 1, 2017, a festival-goer filed a $100 million class-action lawsuit against Ja Rule and its co-founder Billy McFarland.
Assets: $8 million Birth date: February 29, 1976 (44 years old) Gender: Masculine Height: 5ft 6in (1.68m) Job: Actor, musician, singer, songwriter, rapper Nationality: United States of America Last updated: 2020