This beautiful blonde has an empire and an estimated net worth of $150 million. Southern singer, fashion designer, and reality TV star Jessica Simpson boasts two multi-platinum albums, a shoe line, hair products, and a handful of commercials — all despite dropping out of high school.
In 2000, she recorded the album Sweet Kisses, which went double platinum. In 2001, Jessica Simpson, signed to Columbia Records, recorded the album Irresistible. It was a big hit. The album peaked at number 15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and the album’s single of the same name rose to number 2. Jessica Simpson has had 7 Billboard Top 40 hits, 3 gold and 2 multi-platinum RIAA-certified albums.
The buxom blonde wore Daisy Dukes for her film debut in 2005’s Dukes of Hazard and toured the world for reality show The Price of Beauty in early 2010. On November 14, 2010, Simpson announced her engagement to former NFL tight end Eric Johnson. Simpson gave birth to their daughter, Maxwell Drew, on May 1, 2012. On June 30, 2013, their first son, named Ace Knute Johnson, was born. The couple eventually married on July 5, 2014 in Montecito, California.
Source of Wealth: Music, Film, TV, Fashion
- Age: 40
- Place of Birth: Abilene, Texas, USA
- Height: 5′ 3″ (1.59m)
- Marital Status: Married (Eric Johnson)
- Full Name: Jessica Ann Simpson
- Nationality: United States
- Date of Birth: July 10, 1980
- Ethnicity: American
- Profession: artist, actress, TV artist, fashion designer, singer
- Education: JJ Pearce High School
- Children: 3 (Maxwell, Ace)
- Jessica Simpson Net Worth: Jessica Simpson is an American singer, actress, entrepreneur and television personality who has a net worth of $200 million. She has made her own fortune as an actress, singer and, more recently, as a retail entrepreneur. Her line of beauty products, handbags, lingerie, shoes and boots has grossed over $1 billion to date.
- Birthplace: Jessica Ann Simpson was born on July 10, 1980 in Abilene, Texas. She grew up in Dallas and Waco, Texas with her younger sister Ashlee. She dropped out of high school in 1997 when her career was taking off, and a year later she earned her GED through distance learning from Texas Tech High School.The daughter of a Baptist youth pastor, Simpson was raised with a strong Christian faith. She began singing in the church choir as a child, and it wasn’t until a church retreat that she realized she wanted to be a singer. At the age of twelve, she auditioned and was selected as a semifinalist for The Mickey Mouse Club, although she was ultimately not selected. After she resumed singing in church, she was discovered and signed by the head of Christian music label Proclaim Records. Her debut album Jessica was not released as the company went bankrupt, but her grandmother funded a limited pressing of the record. Simpson got a recording contract with Columbia Records,
- Personal Life: Mottolla wanted Simpson to focus on an “anti-sex appeal” health image as a contrast to the public images of Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. Her debut single “I Wanna Love You Forever” (1999) performed well, peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States and was certified platinum by the RIAA. Her debut studio album, Sweet Kisses, was released in November 1999 and was certified double platinum by the RIAA. Her second album “Irresistible” (2001) was less successful.
After marrying boyfriend Nick Lachey in October 2002, Simpson and Lachey starred on the MTV reality show Newlyweds: Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, which was a popular hit. Simpson’s third studio album, In This Skin, was released on the day the show premiered, with the show helping to promote the record. After disappointing sales, Simpson recorded new material and re-released “In This Skin” in 2004 with better results, selling over 4 million copies in the US.
- In March 2006, Simpson parted ways with Columbia Records and signed with Epic Records. Her fifth studio album, A Public Affair, was released in 2006 and debuted at number five on the Billboard 200. For her sixth album, Do You Know (2008), Simpson attempted a country music transition, which generally did not go over well. In addition, Simpson has two holiday albums, ReJoyce: The Christmas Album (2004) and Happy Christmas (2010).
- In addition to her own reality show with her then-husband Nick Lachey, Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica, Simpson also appeared on her sister’s show, The Ashlee Simpson Show, in 2004. She made her film debut in The Dukes of Hazzard (2005), which, despite negative reviews, grossed over $111 million worldwide. Her second film, Employee of the Month (2006), was a commercial failure. Other films in which she starred included Blonde Ambition (2007) and Private Valentine: Blonde and Dangerous (2008). In addition, Simpson hosted the VH1 documentary series The Price of Beauty (2010) and served as a mentor on the television series Fashion Star (2012-2013).
- Music aside, Jessica is a hugely successful entrepreneur. She has launched a range of beauty products, handbags, lingerie, shoes and boots sold primarily through the Home Shopping Network. One of Simpson’s earliest ventures was her Jessica Simpson Desserts by Jessica Simpson edible cosmetics line with Randi Shinder in 2004, followed in early 2005 by her Dessert Treats edible cosmetics line, which caters to a younger audience. Both lines were discontinued after a series of legal disputes. Later in 2005, she launched the Jessica Simpson Collection, merging with Tarrant Apparel Group to launch her own clothing lines. The company has continued to grow and in 2014 had annual sales of $1 billion. Many publications have dubbed Simpson a “billion-dollar celebrity,” referring to the billion-dollar sales achievements of her retail empire. She’s not worth $1 billion personally…yet!Following her pregnancy announcement in 2011, Simpson signed a multi-million dollar deal with Weight Watchers in 2012 to use her diet plan to lose her pregnancy weight by filming several television commercials for the company. She also launched a line of maternity clothing for mothers in 2012, as well as a maternity-inspired perfume, Vintage Bloom. In February 2020, she published her memoir, Open Book, which charted at number one on The New York Times Best Seller list.
- Simpson met singer Nick Lachey at a 1998 Christmas party, and the two married on October 26, 2002. After announcing their separation in November 2005, Simpson filed for divorce in December 2005, which was finalized in June 2006. Because Simpson didn’t sign a prenuptial agreement, she reportedly had to pay Lachey $12 million in their divorce.She began dating retired NFL player Eric Johnson in May 2010, and the couple became engaged in November of that year. They married in July 2014 and have three children together.
Home: Simpson’s primary residence is a large mansion in Hidden Hills, California, which she bought from Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne in 2013 for $11.5 million. The Osbournes bought the house in 2007 for $12.5 million, so it was a relative bargain. Over the years, Simpson, her husband, has extensively remodeled the 2.5-acre property, which includes six bedrooms, a basketball court, playground, and large pool. Today, based on comparable recent sales, this property is worth $15-20 million. Prior to the Hidden Hills purchase, Simpson owned a Beverly Hills home which she bought in 2005 for $5.265 million. She sold this home in October 2013 for $6.4 million.
- Outside of music, Jessica is a hugely successful entrepreneur. She has launched a range of beauty products, handbags, lingerie, shoes and boots sold primarily through the Home Shopping Network. Their combined retail empire is expected to become the first prominent brand to surpass $1 billion in annual sales. This latest achievement was the source of a common misconception about Jessica Simpson’s net worth. When the $1 billion sales estimate was announced, several magazines made headlines calling Jessica a “billion dollar celebrity.” Many of Jessica’s fans misinterpreted this headline to mean that Jessica is personally worth $1 billion,
Assets: $200 million Birth date: Jul 10, 1980 (39 years old) Gender: Feminine Height: 5ft 3in (1.61m) Job: Singer, Actor, Songwriter, Fashion Designer, Businessman, TV Producer, Voice Actor Nationality: United States of America Last updated: 2020