Although you may think that a Parker Dentist only cleans your teeth when you visit, they actually perform a lot more services. It’s important to schedule routine dental exams because they give your dentist the chance to:
- Early cavity detection. In order to detect cavities while they are still little, your dentist will check your teeth. Cavities are less expensive to treat the sooner you find them and for Emergency Dentistry In Boronia.
- Early detection of gum disease is key. Gum disease is often not even recognized by people suffering from it.
- Early detection of oral cancer is crucial. During an oral cancer screening, your dentist can check for signs of the disease. Smokers and tobacco users should pay special attention to this.
- Make sure you have clean fillings. If any of your fillings are defective or decayed, your dentist will inspect them to ensure they’re secure.
- You may catch a dry mouth or bad breath. In cases of dry mouth or bad breath, your dentist can diagnose and treat the problem.
- Make sure your oral hygiene is up to date. You can develop and maintain good dental hygiene habits with the help of your dentist and hygienist.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Diabetes and heart disease are linked to gum disease.
- Make sure your family’s oral health is protected. Dental care is important for kids as well. Children in the United States suffer from tooth decay at a high rate.
How can dental problems be classified?
It is usually either tooth decay or gum disease that causes dental problems. Both of these problems can be treated by your dentist.
- Dental decay The enamel of the tooth is destroyed by dental decay. Carbohydrate-containing foods, such as sugars and starches, can cause this when they are left on the teeth. These foods are ideal for the oral bacteria. Acids that they create have the potential to dissolve tooth enamel and cause tooth decay. At any age, tooth decay is a possibility.
- Tooth decay Chronic bacterial infection known as gum (periodontal) disease affects the bone and gums that support the teeth. Only the gums are impacted by gingivitis, a milder form of gum disease. Regrettably, gingivitis can develop into periodontitis, a more severe, irreversible form of gum disease.
What are the benefits of dental care for kids?
It is also very important to provide dental care to children. Are you aware of these facts:
- Three out of four children between the ages of two and 11 have at least one cavity or filling.
- Approximately 23% of children between the ages of two and 11 have untreated dental cavities.3
- There are 21% of children between the ages of six and 11 who have cavities in their permanent teeth.
The importance of regular dental visits has been emphasized over and over again, but why?
Make an appointment with your dentist on a regular basis rather than only when anything is wrong. There are a number of other reasons why it’s crucial to continue frequent visits to your neighbourhood dental office, in addition to the fact that prevention is always preferable to needing a cure:
- Examine your mouth for cancer
One of the most crucial procedures carried out by your Emergency Dentistry In Boronia at each checkup is this one. Dentists will check for indications of head and neck cancer in addition to oral cancer. They will examine your head and neck for lumps as they do this. Additionally, they will look for any red or white mouth patches. These inspections typically reveal nothing out of the ordinary, but they might just save your life.
- Hygienists in dentistry
When it comes to our oral health, dental hygienists and therapists are frequently disregarded, yet they can be quite beneficial for the services and recommendations they can provide. Dental hygienists primarily focus on “preventive” dental care and treating gum disease. They will teach you the proper at-home procedures and assist you in maintaining the health of your teeth and gums. This includes having your teeth professionally cleaned (typically referred to as a “scale and polish”) to get rid of the plaque and tartar that promote tooth decay and gum disease.
- Whitening of teeth consultations
The popularity of tooth whitening has increased recently, however there are many misunderstandings that might cause uncertainty about what is safe as well as legality concerns. The best person to provide you advice regarding your alternatives for tooth whitening is your dentist. They are in a good position because, in addition to being experts in teeth whitening, they are the only location where it is legal to have your teeth professionally whitened.
- Things can be caught early or prevented
You can see how your teeth look in a mirror, but there may be a lot going on beneath your gums that you are unaware of. Dentists can prevent issues as well as solve them. They may be able to detect the beginning of gum disease and dental decay. It’s critical to take charge of your oral health by visiting the dentist regularly so they can identify any problems early, before they become serious.
- Your dentist can provide you with specific advice and assistance
People frequently turn to the internet, a source of both accurate and false information, when they are having problems. A dentist, on the other hand, has spent years in training to be qualified in the field and can offer advice you can rely on. By going to the dentist frequently, you can establish a strong rapport with them that will enable them to provide advice and support that is specifically tailored to your needs over time.
When it comes to concerns about your teeth and mouth, your dentist should be your first port of call because nobody is really better equipped to assist you in maintaining good oral health than they are.