Dave Chappelle is a known comedian, sketch comedian and actor who has a net worth of around $42 million. His wealth is largely due to the success of The Chappelle’s Show. He began his career in entertainment in 1993 with a role in the film Robin Hood: Men in Tights. He then had other minor roles in films such as The Nutty Professor, Blue Streak and Con Air. It wasn’t until 1998 that he had his first starring role in the film Half Baked. Dave Chappelle really got popular when he starred in his sketch comedy series The Chappelle’s Show in 2003.
Chappelle abruptly retired in 2005 when he left South Africa during production of the third season. He had explained that Chappelle’s Show “ruined his life” and that he hated working 20 hour days because he couldn’t focus on his stand-up career, which was most important to him.
- Source of Wealth: Television
- Age: 47
- Place of Birth: Washington, DC, United States
- Height: 1.82m (6′ 0″)
- Marital Status: Married (Elaine Chappelle)
- Full Name: David Khari Webber Chappelle
- Nationality: American
- Date of Birth: August 24, 1973
- Ethnicity: African American
- Profession: comedian, actor, writer
- Education: Duke Ellington School of the Arts
- Children: 3 (Sulayman, Sonal, Ibrahim)